Magic Valley High School is located within the city of Twin Falls and offers an alternative curriculum format to students. Students must be accepted into MVHS and follow a 3 week “Block” program of study. We currently have approximately 150 students enrolled in a variety of coursework.
Classes available at MVHS include English, Math, Social Studies, Art, Physical Education, Health, Study Skills, Business Technology, Drama, Psychology,. Science, Consumer Science, and access to on-line studies.
Vision: The vision of Magic Valley High School is to be “The Best Alternative”.
Mission: Our mission at MVHS is to create a positive and safe environment for learning that will empower students with confidence, skills, and knowledge in order to be successful in life and to be productive members of society.
- We believe that everyone can learn.
- We believe that having time to learn and appropriate support systems are crucial to success.
- We believe that the task of schools is to provide a learning environment that creates the opportunity for success.
- We believe that when a person does his/her best they are a success.
- We believe that student learning opportunities should not be limited by the use of tracking and stereotyping.
- We believe that learning will be more successful when the experiences have meaning for everyone.
- We believe that all of our professional behaviors need to be intentionally aligned with the best knowledge available concerning learning and individual behavior.
- We believe that learning objectives, learning activities, and the assessment of learning will be clear, open, and aligned at all times.
- We believe that all students should be free from violence, intimidation, harassment and discrimination.